A1 Optician provides a Free Domiciliary/Home Eye Testing and Spectacle Fitting service to the elderly and house bound in the comfort of their own residence. We have been commissioned by the NHS to provide this service across Herts, Beds, Bucks and Berks.
Not many people know that they can have a free eye test at home, but if you qualify, you should certainly take advantage of the service. Don’t struggle to get to the high street optician, we can come to you! Simply contact us and organise a convenient time for us to pop over. It’s as easy as 1,2,3!
1. Request a visit
2. We come to your home to do an eye test
3. If you have ordered new spectacles…we’ll come back and fit them for you.
Why Choose Us?
1. Small independent company
2. Appointments are made quickly
3. After hours service available
4. Individuals and groups welcome…we are happy to visit either one person or a group of people (this includes single visits to care homes)
5. Great selection of frames available for men and women and at minimal cost (no mark up, as we have no overheads!)
6. No call out charge
7. No charge for the eye test
8. No charge for delivering and fitting new spectacles
9. Unrivalled service for professionalism and care
10. Nominated Award Finalists for Herts Business Awards 2015, Optician Awards 2015 and Inspiring Herts Awards 2016
Finalist for Social Enterprise of the Year & Commercial Business in the Community
Finalist - Community Optometrist of the Year
“A 1/4 of over 60s say the quality of their vision affects their daily routine”
UK Eye Care Trust
Some Recent Comments About Our Service
Reviewed by Mrs Banham
I needed an optician to come to my home. A friend recommend A!optician, Monika called, she was a lovely person and very professional